Friday, November 9
I am thankful for Patrick. He is our official bug-smasher, ice-cream scooper, and lawn mower. He fixes boo-boos, fills the bathtub with the most bubbles, and turns up the Irish tunes to dance a jig around the kitchen with Colin on a lazy Sunday morning. He buys the most ridiculous, annoying, and FUN toys. And when he yells "choo-choo", you hear a squeal of laughter and see two little feet following him around like a train. He taught Colin how to catch a ball, slam dunk on his little tikes hoop, and ride his tricycle. He also taught Colin how to pray ("Father, Sun, eeehhh, eeeeh, AAAAA-MEN!")along with the names of every single type of construction truck. Jack's eyes light up when he walks into the room. He's the very best.
Saturday, November 10
I am thankful for Jack's cheerful disposition and eagerness to break out into a smile at all times...except when a camera is pointed in his direction. I swear - he does smile. You should see his face when you put a slice of cheese in front of him!
Sunday, November 11
I am thankful for Jack's determination. He always looks ahead, doesn't let anything (or anyone) get in his way, and when he falls, gets right back up and tries again. He isn't easily discouraged, and stays the course until his "mission" is completed. Weather it be playing t-ball, climbing up the stairs, or pulling every single Tupperware container out of the drawers. He will see it through. Monday, November 12
I am thankful that I survived those "first day jitters" and thus far Hyland has exceeded my expectations. It's pretty incredible to work in an environment with so much energy and passion for the product and the company. It's the breath of fresh air I was in such desperate need of. I'm also thankful that the building I work in has the gym and not the diner, my commute is 1/3 of what it used to be, parking is free, and I can wear jeans everyday!
Tuesday, November 13
I am thankful that Colin thinks helping Pat in the yard (mowing the lawn, raking the leaves) and washing the car are just as much fun as going to the zoo. Hopefully it will stay like that because I have every intention of putting him to work until he's out of college!
Wednesday, November 14
I am thankful for bedtime routines. Each night after Jack finishes his bottle, he looks up into my eyes says "mama" and gives me that toothy grin. I rub his cheeks, he rubs his eyes, and a lay him down in his bed with a kiss on the forehead. When I lay with Colin at night, he snuggles in next to me, and rubs my back while saying "goodnight mommy". It's those tender moments I know are fleeting, so I soak up every last second.
Thursday, November 15
I am thankful for Colin's love of learning and art. He's a bookworm, and finds joy in each story he reads. I love showing him a new book and hearing him gasp in excitement as each page is turned and the story unfolds. His curiosity runs wild, and he asks question after question about what he sees on the pages. I love hearing the pride in his voice as he tells me about the picture he painted at school and exactly where to hang up his latest "masterpiece". And for the record, I haven't been able to part with a single one. I might potentially be turning into a toddler art hoarder...



No comments:
Post a Comment