Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you,
and to give thanks continuously."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I'm not sure that I can convey in words how much I am truly thankful for. But in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to give "Thirty Days of Thanks" a try. So, for the next month, each Thursday (or Friday morning) I will update this post with all those things I am thankful for. Some will be funny. Others from the heart. But regardless, I am thankful. For my family, friends, and our health and happiness.
November 1st
I am thankful for two healthy boys, and hopefully after today's visit to the Cleveland Clinic, two flu-free boys this winter season. Not a tear was shed after receiving their flu shots...until I had to put Jack's pants back on...
November 2nd
I am thankful for traditions with friends, heavily documenting those traditions in photographs, and then reminiscing about them via a deluge of emails on a slow Friday morning at work. Right Kate?
November 3rd
I am thankful for being able to take life with a grain of salt. As my 2 1/2 year old was jumping off the couches at 9pm pretending to be in the circus screaming "candy, candy, candy" I just had to laugh. Life is too short to eat carrot sticks!
November 4th
I am thankful that Avon Lake rescheduled Trick-or-Treat (thanks Sandy)! Colin, Jack and I had so much fun walking around our neighborhood in the wagon. Poor Colin couldn't understand why he wasn't allowed into peoples houses after he rang the doorbell. Hello - Stranger Danger!
November 5th
I am thankful that my kids have no idea how much Halloween candy they actually got. I am thoroughly enjoying the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Skittles! In other news, I bought new jeans today, one size bigger than my current pair...
November 6th
I am thankful for the 10 years I spent at Sherwin-Williams. While today was my last day, the experiences, challenges, and successes I have had here will stay with me for a lifetime. I've traveled around the world and back and gained skills to be both a leader and a team-player. As a fresh-faced 22 year old, I never would have imagined the career path I would follow. I have mentors and friends who helped me every step of the way to continually better myself both personally and professionally. It is a bittersweet departure, however I am hopeful for the future (more about that on November 12th).
November 7th
I am thankful for being able to see life through a toddlers eyes. They find joy in the ordinary. An example; this morning when I picked Colin up from daycare he pointed at a pine tree and said; "LOOK, a Christmas tree! Christmas is coming!". Then he noticed the frost on the ground. "Snooooow! Let's build a snowman!". Comments like these make me appreciate the world around me. He finds magic in a pine tree, a sticker, the sky. Even in a cheerio, as he bites them in half, then holds it up proudly showing me the "moon" he made.
| I am also thankful for Jack's chubby legs! |
November 8th
I am thankful that when Colin said, "Time to go to school" this morning during breakfast I was able to reply "NO SCHOOL TODAY!" and listen as he dissolved into a fit of giggles. We've spent the entire day at home, in our pj's (Christmas pj's to be exact), with nothing officially on our agenda (except watching Caillou at noon). Every single toy was taken out, broken crayons littered the kitchen floor (along with enough cheerios to feed an 80lb Lab lunch), and we danced so much we ALL needed an afternoon nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment