Friday, April 27, 2012

Hiiiiii Sunshine!

We have sliding glass doors in our family room which open to our screened-in patio.  Up until about a month ago we didn't have blinds on them.  We realized one night as we watched our neighbors kids run around their kitchen, that if we could see them, they could see us.  A trip to Home Depot and a $100 later, we had privacy.  Now, not sure if you know this, but for a 2 year old...floor to ceiling blinds are the bees knees.  We squashed the fun immediately, and Colin knows "doooon't touch". I still catch him every once in while scan the room to make sure nobody is watching and then with a squeal start pushing the blinds back and forth. 


In the morning we open the blinds to let the light in.  This is followed by a VERYenthusiastic "Hiiiiiiii Sunshine, Hiiiiii Outside, Hiiiiii Birdies, Tweet-Tweet!"  Colin may potentially be more excited about this small event than getting a handful of M M's.  And, yes, I wrote M M's because he omits the "and". 

I thought about our morning routine at about 12:30 today.  I realized that I hadn't looked outside once. Had no idea if it was raining, sunny, or snowing (hey - we DO live in Cleveland, it's April but we're not out of the woods yet). My office has a 3 foot by 5 foot window that lets in plenty of sun, scenic Cleveland views (groan), and a view of Lake Erie. And I totally take it for granted.  There are many, many days that my back stays to that window as I type away on my computer, answer calls, and run off to meetings. 

Once again, a toddler shows you that's life's all about enjoying the small things. I may just have to spin around in my chair and say "Hiiiii Sunshine, Hiiii Cleveland!" a little more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment