Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Eight sit-ups and a handful of skittles

Don't judge me. I'm not proud to admit it, but last Friday I wore a pair of maternity pants to work.  I only have two pairs of "real" pants that fit, and I didn't get laundry done on Thursday night.  Ok, that's a lie. The idea came to me on Friday morning as I unsuccessfully attempted to shimmy into a pair of incredibly tight pants. Honestly, it was the most comfortable I've been since returning to work.  There's something so amazingly wonderful about the stretchy elastic. It was like I was sitting at my desk in sweats!

Nine months of guilt-free snacking, a trip to Italy (or should I say Eat-ily), and the holiday season DID.ME.IN. And here we are.  Almost four months after Jack arrived, and I'm wearing maternity pants to work because the weight hasn't magically disappeared.  For the record, nobody noticed (I think?) Not sure if I should blame having a winter baby, being over 30, or my sweet tooth for the predicament I'm currently in?

We've booked our beach vacation for the last week of August, and while I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be sporting a one-piece, I need a plan to drop these last 10 pounds.

Finding time to squeeze in fitness is a challenge. I already wake up at 4:30am. There isn't enough Diet Coke in the world for me to wake up any earlier to work out, so the thought of joining my company's gym briefly crossed my mind.  I did put in a stint there back in 2004, however I remembered how nauseating and uncomfortable it was to see overweight, old, and wrinkly co-workers (in the buff) while changing in the locker room.  No thank you.

Since I don't particularly like sweating, any cardio must be somewhat leisurely. 

My goals are:
1. Attempt to take the boys for walks after work
2. Take the stairs vs. the elevator at work (at least on the way down)
3. Pack my lunch (except Thursdays).

I know these seem fairly simple, but a girl has to start somewhere, right?

After taking a long walk with Jack on Sunday, I was pumped up for my "lifestyle change" - I felt thinner already!  After putting the boys to bed, I did eight sit-ups, remembered I hate working out, walked upstairs and grabbed a handful of skittles. I guess there's always tomorrow...

And, if all else fails, I may have to ask my boss to send me on another trip to China.  I recently got a video from my co-worker (an ex-pat in Shanghai) of a meal he was served.  Why was it a video you ask? The octopus on his plate was still moving...

No comments:

Post a Comment