They grow up so fast.
That might possibly be the most cliche statement about childhood.
But as we all know, cliches are cliches...because they're true. I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep, the chaos, or my terrible memory, but I'm certain that without photographs I would forget these distinct, and very brief phases of childhood. It's all just a blur, albeit a well documented blur.
Looking back at photographs from last summer the boys are almost unrecognizable? Bottles and pureed baby food seem like a distant memory. It's hard to remember back to when Jack didn't barrel down the stairs chasing Colin around the house.
I'm lucky enough to have an old friend that comes into town a few times a year. She also happens to have two boys of her own, a camera, and the ability to capture my boys perfectly on film.
One year later, three pounds still differentiate Colin and Jack, yet they are closer than ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment