It's no secret that I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest. It's a wealth of good ideas, however most (ok, 99.9%) of the time I feel bad about myself because I,
a) will never do/cook/make what I've pinned
b) am not stylish enough to pull off the trend/look/design
c) will forget about what was pinned until after the holiday/milestone/event has happened.
Case in point, about a year and a half ago I pinned an idea to ask your child 20 questions on their Birthday each year, and then completely forgot about it when Colin turned two. It popped into my head around July, and really at that point - it was too late, so I filed it back in the hopper for future consideration, along with the tutorial on how to tie the perfect bow and the checklist for organizing your entire house in just 30 days (I call a bluff on that one...how is that possible - at least when you have a one and three year old...)
Which brings us back to the present. It's week before Colin's 3rd Birthday...and what do you know? I've got my act together, the 20 questions are written out, and I've been drilling Colin for the answers over the past few days.
You're supposed to print the answers and place in a scrapbook with a picture of your child each year. Seems easy enough, right? Easy if you scrapbook. Easy if you can easily narrow down the thousands of pictures you've taken over the past year to just one measly picture. I couldn't pick just one, in fact, I had a difficult time narrowing it down to 60. The result? This amazing collage my friend Shelley put together, and this blog post to document Colin's answers.
Who knows If I'll remember to do this again next year, or for the next 10 years, or if I'll ever actually get it into an actual scrapbook, but at least I can say we did it this year. A Pinterest success in my book!
From the mouth of a three year old...here are his answers...and 60 pictures from the last three years...
2. What is your favorite toy? Trains
3. What is your favorite sport? Balls
4. What is your favorite tv show? Thomas [then broke out into song... "Thomas, he's the cheeky one..."]
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken Nuggets
6. What is your favorite outfit? Froggy Boots
7. What is your favorite game? Fishy game [Gone Fishin']
8. What is your favorite thing to learn about in school? I like to do work
9. What is your favorite animal? LION, roooooar!
10. What is your favorite song? ABC's (favorite letter = Y)
11. What is your favorite season? I like winter best
12. Who is your best friend? Patrick, Henry, Jenica
13. What is your favorite snack? Peanut MM's. I like the red ones best!
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with cars
15. What is your favorite drink? Remember, when I had orange pop at mommy's work? I don't like orange pop. I like fruit punch.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Rocky [stuffed animal]
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Chucky Charms [yes, the 'C' was intentional]
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? No thanks. Ask me who my favorite train is. Gordon! I like him best.
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Santa! Ho! Ho! Ho!

No comments:
Post a Comment