Wednesday, June 6, 2012

School Picture Day

Before my Kindergarden school picture my mom carefully pulled my hair into pigtails and tied them with two red bows.  I had on a plaid jumper, and a big crooked gap-tooth smile to match.  While standing in line, my teacher passed out little black combs.  So, I did what any five year old would do...I put the comb up to my hair and in a matter of seconds the pigtails contained less than 10 strands of hair. 

My Senior pictures in High School were just as bad.  I had just cut my hair short.  Really short.  Boy short.  And I just didn't know how to style it yet. An expensive disaster. Trust me when I say, those pictures will never see the light of day. I cringe just thinking about them!

Our day-care takes "school pictures" twice a year.  I remembered it was picture day about 10 minutes before we HAD to be out the door.  It was pouring rain, and I was running around the house trying to find two clean polos and ironing the wrinkles out of tiny size 2T khaki shorts. Since both Colin and Jack don't have much going on in the hair department, the potential of a bad hair day was a non-issue. 

So, we rushed off to school, dodged the raindrops, and managed to keep everything wrinkle free in the process.  I kissed the boys good-bye, and told them to smile big for their pictures.  I'm not sure they got the memo...



 
 

 

Even though the pictures aren't the best...Far be it from me to pass up a photo opportunity. I'll order a ridiculously overpriced package and then spend the next five months trying to figure out what to do with all of the wallet size prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment